Monday, May 5, 2008

Front Porch Friendly

Today I visited the Fairport Village Partnership. Their goal:

Keeping Fairport Front-Porch Friendly.

Isn't that cute? Sure, but what does it mean? Well, they basically work to improve quality of life and business climate in the village.

I walked in and introduced myself to the lone guy in the office. I told him who I was and what I was doing in Fairport. He then asked me "Do you have a business plan?" I managed to squeak out a measly "no" and thought to myself, I knew this was coming.

However, we must have talked for an hour. We talked about my business and business in Fairport. Life in Rochester and more specifically life in Fairport, which is really different. We talked about existing businesses. Ones that have made it and ones that haven't. By the end of the time, he had a better understanding of who I am and my goals. And he was very supportive.

I have already invited him to my grand opening.

2 comments:

Unbalanced Libra said...

Sounds like a great start!
I have something for you in my blog...come see!
The Independent Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - We missed you at hockey tonight. It was 3x3.
Jen :)

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b