Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finding a job

Step one: make money. I've officially been unemployed now for four days. I have to admit, I have loved it. I have loved not having to work. Not that I have filled my days with anything spectacular, but that's just it. I filled my days with things that were not work. It's like I'm on vacation.

But that doesn't pay the bills. So today, being my 32nd birthday, I applied for a job at a pizza joint. I applied to be a cashier and answer the phones. That makes me laugh. I think I'm over qualified. In some small regards this seems like the perfect job for me right now. No responsibilities. No personal investments. No thinking. Just show up and answer a few phone calls. Then go home and leave it all behind me.

Yet something tells me I won't get the job. But if I do, pizza is on me!

2 comments:

kat said...

Happy Birthday. I'm proud of you and admire you.

Nature's Nook said...

awww....thanks

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b