Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ladies....let's start our business

It's a new age. A time when women can actually rule the work force. Now it's not just working for "the man". Women are stepping up. They are taking risks. And many have chosen career over family or at best are looking for a challenge outside of the home. It's the dawn of "the woman".


So don't be afraid, women. There are a lot of resources out there to help us out. First, check out this quiz to see if you are ready to take on the challenge of opening your own business. I took it. It told me: "There are some areas of business ownership that you need to explore before you get started" Ummm, yeah, like I knew that already. But hey, it gave me some things to thing about.


Then when your done with the quiz, check out the rest of the website. It's called WomenOwned.com and I have found it a great resource. Right there on this site you can find advice on how to get the money, health insurance options, website design and best of all...other woman who have done this before!

I feel so empowered!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacey...this is wonderful. I'm so happy for you!!! I have a home based business, unfortunately, AL is NOT the state for me to open a store in though. However, it is nice to have the extra money, I have tons of fun doing it, and I hope one day to do it full time. I will hopefully keep up with your blog, but I would love to see your products!!

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b