Sunday, April 20, 2008

Economee in the trash???

humorous pictures

Yes, we all know the economy has taken a nose dive. Although our illustrous-can't-spell-can't-speak leader Bush declares we are NOT in a recession. Then why is the IRS so generously giving us all money to 'boost' the economy? Can we expect Rufus the Cat here to drag the economee out of the rubbish bin?

Of course it makes me wonder, is this the best time to start a business? Are people spending less money? Well, yeah people are. And it's true that Rochester's unemployment rate has increased over the past few months. What do I say? Statistic shmatistics.

The best timing is to get in on the bottom floor. Be there in the beginning. Hoping it doesn't get any worse, then this is the beginning. I'll ride the economee wave upward which will explode when we elect our new democratic president! That's what I say.

Or this all just wishful thinking and I'll end up in the bin with the cookie.

1 comment:

kat said...

The one thing I noticed last time I was in Rochester was that all the small businesses that were there in '98 were still there 9 years later. In Atlanta, a high rated city for business growth, I barely see new businesses last for even 9 months. I think you've picked a good town for a small business.

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b