Monday, March 10, 2008

The Nay Sayers

Negative energy can bring anyone down. And it always seems to surface when you tell some one about your idea. Especially an idea that involves money, starting a business, buying a house or anything that people think they are experts in.

And let me say this: you will encounter these people. My best advice is to listen, smile, thank them for thier suggestions and then change the topic of conversation. I was speaking to another small business owner the other day and he said it as best as I can "DO NOT listen to these people". That's right. Don't let them bring you down. Don't let them steer you away from your dream.

Surround yourself with positive energy, Yeah sayers and a good support system. With that, you can take on the world!

disclaimer: If you try to take on the world, the writer of this blog takes no resposibility, liabilty or fault for any out comes pertaining to the super human powers you think you may have that allows you to actually take on the world and its inhabitant.

2 comments:

kat said...

Totally agree. My whole life, anytime I found a new interest to pursue, some cynical fucktard of an adult would say "hmm... 'X'.. that's a really competitive field" and induce fear of failure. I made the mistake of listening to them, but finally learned not to. Everyone always knows exactly what I should do with my soap business, but ultimately, I have to do it on my terms.

One invaluable resource: Small Business Development Center.

You should read my friend Jimiyo's blog. He's got great insight on working for yourself. www.jimiyo.blogspot.com

Nature's Nook said...

Thanks for the blog link. I'll check it out.

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b