Sunday, August 31, 2008

Making my own stuff

As my business starts to take off, I've started looking for ways to maximize my profit, limit my overhead and just get involved. I first decided I would start to make my own bath salts. Knowing that fewer people these days take baths, I still figured it was an easy avenue to travel down. And although, there were little bumps in this road, it still turned out a little trickier then imagined. What scent shall I make? What ratio of epsom salts to sea salts should it be? How should I package it? I'm still working on all this, but so far two out of three of my scents have been well recieved.

The next venture....making my own soy wax candles. Stay tuned for this one.

2 comments:

kat said...

Please, please, please do a lot of reading/research on the products you're making before taking them to market. There's SO much stuff you never knew there was to know even about things as benign as bath salts. It's not just for the liability, but you'll end up with a more quality product. There's a learning curve to everything. Take a look into dendritic salt if you haven't already.

Unbalanced Libra said...

Hey, I think your blog is kick ass! I have something for you here:
The Independent Mom!

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b