Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's true, you get what you pay for

On my recent business trip to Atlanta, I needed to rent a car. Of course, trying to save money I booked my rental with EZ-rent-a-car. A very no name, low budget operation. Well, it didn't take me too long to find out why. The service I recieved was horrible. The girl behind the counter couldn't be bothered. She was in a hurry to leave. She nearly charged me for the wrong reservation. And didn't even get the words "have a nice day" out of her mouth before she was packing up her stuff and heading out the door.

The car she gave me was filled with stains. Now, I rent cars often and the occasional splotch is expected. But we are talking full out stains all over the upholstry. I was mortified. I walked back in, cancelled my reservation and walked next door to Enterprise.

Normally, I would never book with Enterprise because I find them to be the most expensive. But in this case, I was getting what I was paying for. They were so friendly. I explained my situation and they were very eager to help. The gentlemen I was working with not only gave me a 10% discount, but walked me out to the car and carried my luggage. He was proffessional and courteous.

A lesson learned. Saving money is not always the best option.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b