Friday, June 13, 2008

Home is where the business is...

And the heart. I suppose. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, but I've decided to start my business out of the home. A necessary evil. Why? You might ask. Or you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyways.

One, it's cheaper. I don't have to pay to stock a store, pay a lease or spend money on design.

Two, I don't think anyone would lease to me anyways. I'm a start-up business. I have no major capitol backing. I'm young. I'm female. I'm...excuse, excuse, excuse. Anyways, if I start it home based and build some (hopefully) income, sales and customers then I might have an easier time finding a place to rent.

After some major brainstorming (thanks mom) I've decided to go in the gift basket route. I'll still be selling natural soap (thanks Kat) along with organic wash clothes, loofahs and pumice stones. I've found some biodegradable au-natural wrapping for the baskets.

I'll have a website. I'll target everyone and their mother, brother, rabbi, priest, monk, hairdresser, babysitter, mistress... and so on. I'll offer a la cart (meaning you don't have to buy an entire basket, just the item/s in it). I'll offer design your own (you pick it, I stick it....in a basket that is). I'll deliver (assuming it's in town).

Oh this is going to be more work then I imagined, but hopefully it will be worth it.

1 comment:

kat said...

You've got what it takes, that's for sure.

ss_blog_claim=9763bc6de6b159c4c88d6b499b82867b